Wednesday 3 June 2015

Finally!

Recap of the past few days:

Devin worked the night shift.Nana would come over while Dad was getting ready to head out for work.  I normally get KONG when Dad leaves for anywhere (because of my separation anxiety from him).  Due to the fact that of me being sick since last Wednesday - Nana would come over and leave after Dad.  I never put up a fuss when Nana or anyone else leaves...It's all about my Dad.

I didn't have any accidents, nor did I  want to go out with Nana.  That seems to be the norm for me these days.  I rather stay curled up indoors than go wander around with Nana.  Dad thinks that it's because of my corns that I don't want to go outside with Nana.  When I go out with Dad, he puts my boots on for me; Nana isn't able to do that.  I don't really trust anyone else with my toes.  If someone touches my toes I go into the "GSofD" (Greyhound scream of dead).  It's an effective scream that will get anyone within earshot to stop in their tracks.

Poo News:
This evening after supper, Dad tricked me into going outside for a walk ( I keep falling for the ol' shake the treat jar trick).  I ended up having my VERY FIRST SOLID poop since having the poopies.
It's a small victory, but something Dad has been waiting for.  He was so excited that he emailed photos to Karen (Thank you Karen for looking at all my poop photos and telling Dad what he needed to do for me) and Nana to show them how well I did.  Humans sure are strange and obsess over the strangest things.

Oh, Dad started me on Slippery Elm Bark this evening.  He made up a batch of gel to help coat my insides.  They were pretty irritated from having the sharks swimming around this past week.  I'm happy to say, I'm on the other side of the ickies now. 

Dad has been staying home with me and has made sure that I stayed well hydrated. 
Today was the first day he left me alone to go for a jog.  He didn't KONG me, he sort of slipped out. He waited at the end of the hall to see if I would start crying, I didn't.  He also had to toss the laundry in and take out the trash. One of those times I was waiting in our hallway for him when he came back in.  I stayed laying there while he gathered the trash to take out.  When he left, i continued to laid in the hallway with "suspicious eyes" as he likes to call them.  When he came back from taking out the trash I was still in the hallway, I stayed there for a minute before deciding to return to my bed in the living room.  Dad is wondering if maybe this could be the end of KONGS for me.  He would like it if i were okay when he left without needing to resort to them, but if that's what keeps me busy during those first 15mins of his departure, he is okay with that too.

Photos from the past few days:

Dad's desperate attempt at getting me to go outside
more broth
More beef and broth


I saw the most beautiful sunset the other day
Roach
Dad started upping my food amount
omg this is so good!!! broth /beef/ pumpkin
sometimes i look really tiny

Sunrise this morning
Dad making Slippery Elm Bark gel
I tolerate Dad in my space
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment