Sunday 31 May 2015

Because it's all about the...... Poop?

This morning Dad tossed a few of my bones into the big stock pot and began making me some beef broth.
Beef broth production was cut short when he saw that the grocery store was opening up soon.

He told me he'd be right back and sort of sneaked out.  He told me he waited at the top of the stairs to see if I would start crying ( I haven't been given a KONG since I've been sick ). He didn't hear anything so he boogied to town to pick me up 4 flats of extra lean ground beef.

When he came back I was laying on my bed in the living room.  He went back to making beef broth and cooked up some beef for me. He gave me just under a cup for my first feeding.  I didn't have any reaction to it, so after an hour he fixes some more for me.  In between that he was trying to get me to go outside.

I didn't really need to go out.  Last night around midnight/1am Dad woke up to find me laying at the foot of the hammock staring at him.  Dad said, "milo when did you get there, that's a little creepy" then asked me if i needed to go out.  I started to whine and off i went towards the door.   He schlepped around with me as I took the tour of the village.  Dad thought I was going to poop a few times, but the people from the pub were being noisy and distracted me. The rain was coming down in ice cold sheets.  It went from being 35C to 8C. With the north east wind it sure felt a lot colder.  We weren't prepared either for our outing. I didn't seem much to mind, but Dad was cold and shivering.  After pacing around and eating some grass, we went back home and tucked in for the night. Dad laid listening to my stomach squawk "the sad songs of the grass people" - as he calls it.

So yeah, this morning....Dad went as far as to put on my boots and my ID collar, but I just laid there on my bed.  What part of "I'm not getting up to go outside don't you understand"?  He laid down with me on my bed then told me, Okay, It's 10am...it's time to eat a bit more. AFTER the beef we go outside.

And that's what we did.... I gobbled up the beef and off we went.  We didn't need to walk very far. Just over to the parkway.

Poos news:
Finally the beginnings of a formed poop!  Dad thought briefly that maybe it was just all the grass that I have been eating. He squished it between his fingers in the bag, and there was definite formed consistency there.
I had a second poop shortly after that was liquidy, but that's to be expected right now.  

Weather:
It's cold and I love it!!! After my poop I jumped around like a ninny muggins.  Is summer all done, are we into winter??

So now I'm laying on my bed roaching.  Dad spoke with Karen, and it was decided for me that I'd wait until this evening to eat some more beef.  I could have some broth if I wanted (as if you even have to ask, I LOVE THE STUFF), but we'd keep it simple and stay off the kibble for a few days.  Dad sort of rushed it the other day when kibble was added to my food. Too much too soon.

Anyway, so that's it for now.

Photos:

cold May rain - our walk last night
beef bones - the beginning of broth
Waiting for beef to cook up
Why yes, I'd like some - first breakfast
beef broth - waiting to be strained of fat
No Dad, I don't want to go outside
Nope, still don't wanna go outside
cuddle with me all you want, I'm not going
The showdown between the two of them. - still not moving
still protesting - all dressed up and not wanting to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment