Saturday 30 May 2015

On the mend?

This morning Dad put me back on a schedule.  When we got up I was given my Thyroid pill; and shortly after that we went for our morning walk.  I spent the better part of my day on my bed.
I am perking up though.  When someone knocks at the door, I sprint up off my bed and bark.


I'm keeping myself hydrated with all the broth I've been given.  When I do decide to go outside, I pee up a storm.


Nana brought over two big chickens for me.  She said that she gets Orange Juice for Dad when he's sick, so she's getting me chickens because I've been sick.  Nana is the best!

Dad cooked up one chicken for me, then decided with the pending "Severe thunderstorm Watch" we are under, that it would be best to cook the other one up...just in case we end up without power.

This afternoon (after the one chicken was cooked) Dad went to lay down for a bit.  I guess late nights anticipating my needs are taking a bit of a sleepy toll on him.   It was a brief nap, and when he awoke I was laying in my bed beside him.  He asked "Milo, when did you get in here". I just looked at him. 
He asked me if i wanted to go out for a walk. I perked up and got up off my bed.  I decided I should probably go out for a wander; after all, he's been bugging me for the better part of the day to go out. I just couldn't be bothered earlier.

We went for a stroll around the soccer field.  Not too far or too long though. It was very hot here today.

Poo news: 
My first and only poop of the day was done on my morning walk.  Dad describes it best as "Pancake batter poo".  It was a small celebration. It wasn't a wonderful poop, but it wasn't entirely runny.  Perhaps I had too much kibble last night with my chicken and broth.   When we got back home, Dad gave me 1 Imodium pill.

Food news:
total of about 4 cups (or slightly more) of broth
1  3/4 cup of chicken. 

Dad is feeling positive that I'm on the upside of the evil sharks swimming in my intestines.
No urgency to poop, and at present time there's no more inflammation.

That's it for today!

Photos: 
last night - waiting for supper

Last night - Enjoying supper
Last night - post supper crash
The chickens Nana bought for me
Dad getting ready to cook the chicken
Cookin'
Cooling the chicken.
Lots more broth to keep me hydrated! (need to let it cool and skim the fat off)

No comments:

Post a Comment