Thursday 28 May 2015

Sharks swimming in my intestines - 24hr flu


Dad was going to help me upload photos yesterday, but I had these sharks swimming in my intestines.
At some point between Dad being at work and Nana checking on me I exploded from both ends of myself and all over the apartment.  When Dad opened the door he briefly thought I was having a bout of bad gas.  He was quickly mistaken when he took a step into the apartment.
It became apparent VERY FAST that the evil sharks in my intestines created havoc.  I managed to rub my nose raw during the my ordeal.  This happened to me a few years ago. Dad refers to that dark day as "The Starburst" explosion.

Dad called Nana, because that's what you do when you need some help.   She came over and kept me outside in the fresh air while Dad paced around wondering where to start.

Dad tried picking up the mess, but that was a fail.  He resigned himself to mowing over the shark infested area with the BISSELL ProHeat Pet carpet cleaner.  (Shout out to the people at Bissell. Amazing product!!!!)  Dad being tired from having been up since 4am that morning began to feel discouraged when he realized that he was rolling the wheels of the carpet cleaner through the shark infestation.  After 2 hours of carpet cleaning the apartment was smelling nice and lemon like.  Another hour or so of bedding and laundry and it was a temporary lights out for me.   
I slept for a bit while Dad listened with an open ear for me.  Just as Dad was nodding off, I got off my bed and went to lay in the hallway. Dad asked me if I wanted to go outside, and I spun around and began to pace. I couldn't get out fast enough.   We wandered the neighborhood at midnight.  Sharks were still swimming around.  Dad did his usual catchers mitt (Lucy's Mom showed Dad this technique), It was nothing but water.  Creative catching was born in that moment.

Anyway, So once I was done prowling the neighborhood I settled back into bed.  My tummy made "feed me grass" screams. It wasn't long before Dad had to get up. I went out for a walk to do my morning routine. The sharks were still swimming around; not nearly as angry as the night before.

Dad went to his appointment out of town, and Nana came by to check on me several times.  At one point I did have a tiny accident but I managed to aim those sharks onto a towel (thank you camp greyhound - "Greyhound Mom Karen" for the suggestion * as well as for telling Dad to fast me until late this afternoon*). 
Nana found the tiny logs of poop'grass and disposed of them.  She asked me if I wanted to go outside, but I didn't budge.  Sometimes you just gotta go, when you gotta go.  

Under Greyhound Mom Karen's advisement, Dad held off feeding me until later this afternoon.
I was given some chicken broth - waited an hour and added a bit of chicken to my broth.  Dad waited an hour between my feedings to make sure the sharks didn't come back with a vengeance.  So far so good!

I had my last feeding this evening at 8pm. 3/4 cup chicken and 1 cup chicken broth.

Dad keeps asking me if I need to go outside, but I've been ignoring him.
Meh*  I'll go when I'm ready.  Dad says, no urge poop is a good poop.

So that's what has consumed me for nearly 24hrs.  Never a dull moment.

Below are photos from this past week
 *** what would a blog entry be without brutal honesty.  There will be photos near the end of the Sharks swimming****




Here I demonstrate how tiny I can curl up
Here I demonstrate how to slowly inch yourself across the couch to claim it as yours
Mission Accomplished! - Couch is owned!
Sometimes I like to walk around the soccer field.
Sometimes I roach - a lot of times i roach
Sometimes I hold meetings with the pigs

 24hr flu photos*****

What is believed to be the tail end of the Shark swim
What is believed to be the impact Shark zone
My poor raw nose (Dad is putting CS spray on it to help it heal, it does look better today)
Just before i took Dad for our Midnight stroll.
Today - Feeling a bit better, more roaching
My supper - I LOVED IT!
Gobbling down my chicken/broth like there is no tomorrow

Dad is thinking about switching me from my Kibble to a cooked diet.  More research to be done.
*stay tuned*

No comments:

Post a Comment