Tuesday 12 May 2015

A day in the life of.... Me


My morning routine when Dad has been working the day shift:
When it comes time for the days off after he's been working the day shift,  I tend to keep the day shift routine until we hit the night shift routine.

We don't share the bed, I much prefer sleeping on my own bed.
At about 0500hrs (on the days off), I start the: "Hey I'm hungry, mind getting up and fixing me something to eat so I can go right back to bed and sleep for a bit while you try and get back to sleep?"

Dad will say "Up up Milo", which means, come up on the bed and lay here for a bit so we can get a few more minutes of sleep. Sometimes I just wander back to my bed and lay down for a bit, while other times I'll jump up on the bed and squish myself between the body pillow and Dad.
Lately I've taken to stretching my legs out so they rest on Dad's chest or neck. I like to give what I call the power kick to wake him up, or the subtle throat nudge to make it uncomfortable to sleep.  Either method works super. Dad gets up and preps my breakfast for me. 

I used to go back to bed for a few hours after eating, but these days I like to go out 30 mins or so after eating. So what little sleep Dad thought he might end up getting, I put an end to that.  After all, it is all about me. No?

Today's happenings:
Weather: Humid, breezy, turned to overcast, cleared up, turned cool, strong winds
Another good day to snooze


Today we went to see Dr. Nat. She's my Chiropractor.  She worked her magic and on my lower back and I feel super again. Hopefully this adjustment will stop that second corn on my one foot from popping up.
Yep, I'm still battling the corns. Le sigh*

In other news, Dad spoke with Karen and he will be picking up some supplements for me.  I am getting older, and I need to take care of my body.  My body is my temple

The wobbly giggle ball that Nana got for me didn't grab much of my interest today.  Dad tried rolling it to me a few times and I just laid on my bed staring. I did give it a bit of a nose bump, but not enough to make it play its funny sound.  

Dad brought me out a Honky Pig!  I laid on my bed but squished that around for a bit.  Life is Greyt!

Photos from yesterday and today:
I was enjoying the cool breeze and then they came along...  :)
Enjoying the fresh air
The observer
Nom! Honky Pig!!  Bliss
Tired from Nomin'

No comments:

Post a Comment