Sunday 15 December 2013

When in doubt - the middle of the street

Wow, I woke up to heaps of soft fluffy snow this morning.  We ended up walking on the snow covered road because the sidewalks were hidden by all the snow.   I think the snow reminds me of the sand on the racetrack, only this is a bit chiller on the feet.

I bucked around like a bronco, Devin and I went for a little run down the street to wear off some energy.  Devin ran, I trotted. Humans are so slow! 

We walked down the main street, then turned on an off street.  There was no place for me to "go", so i made the executive decision and pooped in the middle of the road.  Devin kept an eye out for any oncoming traffic.  CLEAR!     We trotted back home together.

We went over to Dirt's house to visit with Dirt and Yods.  Yods, being 3 yrs old has been quick to learn that I'm to be left alone when i'm on my bed.  When I get up and move away from my bed he's allowed to pet me.  I don't mind him one bit, he's very respectful of my space. 

The other night he was being sneaky and thought I was cold, he inched towards me and placed his blankie over me.  Nice and cozy, Thanks for sharing Yods!  When asked who was his best buddy, Yods pointed to me.  I have a little human friend now. :)

Yods doesn't always like to share though.  He had a bit of a melt down when I stole a few of his stuffies from his room.  Today, amongst other things, I tried to steal a little green truck.   Devin put a stop to that one.   Killjoy.

Auntie Tracey came over this afternoon and brought a few raw bones for me and Jonesie. It was lovely, I gnawed on that thing for about 2 hours. Devin watched me like a hawk thinking i was going to do damage to myself.  Such a worrier.

Hmm, what else... This evening we stopped in at Nana's.  Bob (next door neighbor) snowplowed a track in his back yard for Dutchie.  They said I could use it (lack of areas to "go" from all the snowfall). The corners are a little sharp compared to what i was used to on the track, but I made due.  Towards the end i decided it would be a better idea to jump the track and head to Nana's backyard to do my business.   My front feet chilled up pretty fast. I ended up doing the prancing pony front paws flapping in the air before falling over to my side dramatically.    Devin righted me and picked me up, walked me to the back door through the snow. 
Have I got my human trained or what?? haha

Here are a few photos taken over the past few days:(cell phone)
First visit - a success
Me gnawing on Yods stuffie
Hanging out with the big kid
Hello?  help?
Feeling pretty proud with my stash.  Yods shared this stuffie with me. I stole the softball
Helping to clean out the toy box.  Stole a yellow ball (inside mouth)
Looking for something else to steal while Yods plays
Gnawing on the bone Auntie Tracey gave me.
Still gnawing
Blanket a bit bloody from the carnage. Getting ready to head home (blanket in wash now)
PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment